Saturday, May 25, 2013

Give me a Break!


No! Really! Give me a break! I want a whole vacation from life. You ever felt that way? Where you can stop time and have everything in freeze mode while you just skip around in a field of lilies or maybe just lay back and relax and laugh at frozen figures all around you. I want the power to just freeze time while I'm standing in a long line. I would go to the cashier unfreeze him or her, complete my transaction, walk out and then unfreeze. Oh, just the thought of such power makes me chuckle within. Well, that is not the case. I don't have those powers so a quick getaway will have to do for now. Oh, but I just have so much to do that even if I was given a chance to vacate for a moment my mind would still be at work. 

6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7 And the peace of God,which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. ~Philippians 4:6-7~

Yes the perfect words for my busy mind. Most of the time our fatigue is not due to physical stress of the body but it's because of the thought processes in our minds that caters to the matters in our lives that we have no control over. Why spend countless hours worrying, talking and dealing with issues that you have to wait on God to resolve anyway. In result we become restless, unproductive, ineffective, needing a whole vacation individuals. Need I say more? You know that's you. Cast all your cares upon Him for He cares for you. He really does! The Lord's desire is to see you well rested, secure and assured in His promises and the truth that he won't leave you hanging. You must trust in him. Something that is truly difficult to do but when you eventually allow yourself to break down (because we usually get to that point first) and give it over to Jesus we find that He gives us rest just like the Word says. 

28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” ~ Matthew 11:28-30~

No comments:

Post a Comment