Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Detours!!!!




  I know where I want to go. I am learning how to follow maps. I have turned on the GPS. What's next but to just go and keep on moving. Wouldn't life be so simple with out the twist and turns closed roads cause. Especially when you are making great timing and on a good pace. Of course it's too good to be true to be on the road to victory and BAM, under construction roads takes you off your coarse. What can we say about these detours? 

17 Then it came to pass, when Pharaoh had let the people go, that God did not lead them by way of the land of the Philistines, although that was near; for God said, “Lest perhaps the people change their minds when they see war, and return to Egypt.” 18 So God led the people around by way of the wilderness of the Red Sea. And the children of Israel went up in orderly ranks out of the land of Egypt. ~Exodus 13:17-18~
  Sometimes detours are necessary. Yes, if you want to get to where you are going that is. Sometimes the Lord purposely have you take the scenic route just to make sure your enemies follow you just so He can trample them. What is His purpose for doing this? 

4 Then I will harden Pharaoh’s heart, so that he will pursue them; and I will gain honor over Pharaoh and over all his army, that the Egyptians may know that I am the Lord.” And they did so. ~Exodus 14:4~

  God just want you to know that he is Lord that brought you out and even more so your enemies. He want to make sure you never return again to where you came from sometimes he has to bring confusion (detours) and around blocked roads (wilderness) to get you into the land that He promised (destiny). You ought to thank God for the detours and the twist and turns he may cause just to shake them slave masters off your back. You know the things that have you bound and don't want to let you go. Take them detours, make those sharp turns. It may lead you to a longer road but it's going to get you where you going alive. To God be the Glory!
So on my journey I have some detours. I'm riding up some blocked roads. I thought I was going to be able to go back to school this summer, road block. I thought I was going to be able to stay at my current residence until the end of the year, detour. I thought I was going to be able pay off my debt this season, wilderness. I got to go off coarse a little to accomplish my goals. Now this GPS is loosing signal. Don't that just happen at the wrong time though. It happens at the times when you really don't know where you are or where you are going but eventually the GPS regains signal and reroutes you. 
Praise God for His Holy Spirit!

No comments:

Post a Comment