Monday, April 29, 2013

The journey before the journey!

The other day I was asked a phenomenal question. Where are you going? Actually the exact question was where are you going in Christ? Wow! I really had no idea and my response could only be "You tell me Lord." There are times in life were are setting our minds to relocate. Whether it be moving to another place to live, work or fellowship something arises in us that let us know it is time to move on. It is very necessary to know where you are going before you leave. You cannot just begin a journey and have no idea of where you are going, where you want to end or at least where you don't want to end up. I am now in search of where I am going. Just when I thought I had a great plan things seem to reveal to me that I do not. Such a funny life we live and a funnier world we dwell in. I can't seem to stop to think of the instructions Jesus gave when he was sending his disciples out two by two.


Then he called his twelve disciples together, and gave them power and authority over all devils, and to cure diseases.
And he sent them to preach the kingdom of God, and to heal the sick.
And he said unto them, Take nothing for your journey, neither staves, nor scrip, neither bread, neither money; neither have two coats apiece.
And whatsoever house ye enter into, there abide, and thence depart.
And whosoever will not receive you, when ye go out of that city, shake off the very dust from your feet for a testimony against them.
And they departed, and went through the towns, preaching the gospel, and healing every where.

Luke 9:1-6(KJV)

We'll start here. I don't know exactly how meditating on this scripture is going to help me figure out where I am going but it's a sure need to know information before I go. So far I am figuring out all I need is Jesus!


No comments:

Post a Comment